November 11, 2020 • General
- We expect continued strength in the freight market until at least Q1 2021 – upward pressure on spot rates in the interim.
- Carriers opting for higher rates outside of their contractual commitments are driving the disruption.
- Given the inventory shock caused by COVID-related factors, there is an abnormally elevated supply of physical goods in need of transportation.
- As fears of a “2nd wave” of COVID gain traction, retail inventories feel pressure as customers stock up on necessary goods. The associated replenishment cycle has several months of runway at a minimum.
- We continue to advise clients to plan ahead as best they can and book early to mitigate the rise in “fallout” issues and service disruptions.
Contact FSL to see how we can help navigate this rapidly changing freight market.